The safety of our swimmers is of utmost importance.
Lifeguards and management maintain the right to modify and create rules based on the number of swimmers present and their skill level. If there are members or guests who violate safety rules or display any other inappropriate behavior, the staff of the Lexington Swim Club (and/or board) have the authority to correct the situation.
- No running on the pool deck.
- No smoking.
- No glass or glass containers are permitted on the pool deck.
- No food or beverage should be consumed while an individual is in the pool. Please leave beverages on the side of the pool.
- Toys, balls, and floats are not permitted in the deep end of the pool.
- An exception is made for small children wearing personal floats who are accompanied by a parent.
- Only one individual is allowed to use the diving board at a time.
- Parents are permitted to walk with and drop one child off the edge of the diving board at a time.
- No standing or sitting on shoulders.
- No rough play.
- All individuals between ages 2 and 17 must exit the pool when the lifeguard calls break.
- Children ages 2 and under may be accompanied by a parent if remaining in the pool during break.
- Baby Pool: no individual age 6 or older is allowed to swim in the baby pool. Children age 5 and under should be monitored by a parent while swimming in the baby pool. Parents must be inside the baby pool fence while they are supervising the children in their care. The pool lifeguards do not watch the baby pool, so supervision by adults is required. Adults may not sit in or submerge themselves in the baby pool; ph levels can vary greatly when adults use this small body of water.
- All individuals must exit the pool immediately when the lifeguard calls a weather break (i.e. thunder, lightning, heavy rain, etc.).
- All children ages 10 and under must be accompanied by a parent or babysitter (age 16 and up).
- Guests are allowed to come with paid members. Guests are $5 per visit with a limit of 5 visits per guest.
- Guests must sign in and pay the guest fee at the concession stand upon arrival.
- Childcare: Adult sitters of non-swimmers are expected to continuously supervise the children in their care in and out of the water. They must be in the water when non-swimmers are in the water. Non-member grandparents and babysitters are welcome at our pool if they are added to the family membership. Any non-member supervising youth members must sign a Lexington Swim Club waiver upon their first visit to the pool.
- No individuals, except lifeguards, should enter either the concession stand, the shed, the baby pool pump house, or the big pool pump house under any circumstances.
- Outside of swim practice and swim lessons, no individuals should dive in water any less than 5 feet deep.
- No sitting, standing, or walking on top of the pump house.
- No individuals are permitted to use the swim team supplies (kick boards, noodles, flippers, etc.) outside of swim team practice and swim lessons.
- No “hard” balls (regular footballs, volleyballs or basketballs) are allowed in the pool. Nerf balls are allowed.
- Respect is to be shown to lifeguards at all times.
Click here to see a copy of Lexington Swim Club’s Pool Rules.